Work for us
We are hiring! Summer 2018 Youth Work Coaches
To apply for this job send a full CV as a word doc or pdf with employment and education dates on and a statement at the start of your CV stating why you would make a great workshop coach. Only applications with CV+ statement will be considered for shortlisting.
So about the job….
- Would you enjoy and be good at delivering fun social and educational workshops for young people aged 16-17 doing their National Citizenship Service?
- Are you interested in health education?
- Do you have a car you can use to get to work?
- Do you have experience of working in the bar industry?
- Can you juggle? (not essential but good if you can!)
- Are you available from the last week of June to the end of the first week of August 2018?
- Will a DBS check come up clear for you?
- Do you believe in equal opportunities for all young people?
- Can you speak and write English fluently?
- Are you eligible to work in the UK?
If yes read on……..
We are looking for 2 friendly, outgoing individuals to work as youth coaches to deliver workshops that focus on hospitality employability skills with alcohol awareness.
We use mocktail mixology, flair bartending tricks and skills, games and quizzes to raise young people’s awareness of safe drinking and tips for working in the industry.
You don’t need to be an expert to deliver our workshops but self-confidence and the ability and personality to keep groups of young people engaged, motivated and having fun all day is essential. You also need to be able to lift and move boxes of equipment and to spend all day standing up.
We will hold interviews the second week of March.
- Very reliable
- Confident in presenting to groups
- Hard working
- Experience of bar work, preferably in a cocktail bar
- Experience of working with young people (desirable) or keen interest in this work
- Experience or interest in training or education
- Experience or interest in the National Citizenship Service
- Able to lift and move boxes of equipment
- Able to deliver a training programme to the same standard every day for up to 25 days to different groups of young people each day 8.40am-3.10pm near Winchester.
Salary: £11.00 /hour
- Job Location: Owslebury, Hampshire
How to apply
If you are interested in an opportunity please email us your CV, including details of 2 work-based referees, and statement (100-200 words) telling us why you would be a great fit for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by phone if you would like to discuss the roles.
All provisional job offers are subject to full DBS clearance due to work that includes events for young people under 18 years of age.